Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Or Blessed Yule ... Happy Hanukkah ... Happy Kwanzaa or whatever you choose to celebrate ... or choose not to celebrate.

So I'm sitting here with Three Doors Down echoing in my ears wondering ho my life went from hectic and barely tolerable and has dropped off below the emotional poverty line and into some dark and twisted brier patch.

If I sit and think of each individual event or issue they do not seem to horribly bad by themselves, but when added to the frustrations which are already stacked up outside my door like a mental snowdrift it becomes a bit overwhelming.

Wait ... Johnny Cash - Redemption day.

Again, I will not list every little issue on my mind because nobody really wants to see all my gripes ... I will hit the two biggies right now.

1 - Pam's mom is in the hospital with pneumonia.  All things considered she is doing alright, but she has a long way to go.  As usual everyone is expecting Pam to take care of everything ... She is stressed out enough already.  She needs a break.  I hate watching her get run down because those around her are incompetent and lazy.

Eddie Vedder - Rise

2 - The realization that it is nearly January and I am not running yet is causing the awkward and painful realization that I am almost exactly where I was 1 year ago when I first started thinking about marathon training.  I don't want to be in the same position where I have to push beyond my body's capacity and cause another injury.  I will probably have to bail out from the June marathon :-(

I'm sure I will have some good news or progress to report eventually ... At least I hope so.

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

2 comments:

  1. I think we are doing better, we have hit a few speed bumps errr small hills lets just call them mountains for now. We have each other and an excellent support team with our family and friends to help us. We have climbed several mountains and we can do it again. We are a team FOREVER ... WE CAN DO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Pam and her mama. Merry Christmas, folks!!

    ReplyDelete