Sunday, June 12, 2011

Where have all my braincells gone?

Wasn't it barely a week ago that I was swearing off any form of movement, complaining about swollen purple toes and other forms of soreness that I wasn't used to?

I thought so ...

Then why am I seriously contemplating doing a half marathon in September??  Why am I already shopping for better running shoes and reorganizing my training schedule to accommodate my potential knee issues?  Why am I already planning next year's San Diego marathon??

I really don't understand me sometimes.  I mean ... couldn't I at least give myself a week off before planning on torturing myself again?  Have I gone totally mad?

The last two days I've really wanted to go for long walks (actually I wanted to go for a run, but I knew that was not realistic) ... I just really want to get out, but the smaller part of my brain that controls common sense has kept me from going several miles away from home.

OK ... the common sense part of my brain may be nearly nonexistent, but it did tell me not to head out on a long walk or run.  I will be back at the gym this next week to do something.  I just don't know whether it will be spin class, treadmill or something else.

1 comment: