Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just call me stupid

No, seriously ... I'm stupid.

But before I get into the details on why I would think such a thing I want to explain why I didn't do a run or a walk today ... in fact, the thought of training didn't even enter my mind ... until about a minute ago when I started typing my update.

I would explain why I didn't train, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words ...




My nephew Kyle got married today!!


OK ... Back to being stupid.

Thursday afternoon, after a long day at work, Pam decided to drag me to the beach for some relaxation.  Since I've rediscovered photography as a creative outlet for my stress (or at least for a fraction of my stress) I decided to take a few pictures while we were there.  Next thing I knew I was jumping amongst the rocks trying to get the perfect shot.

Yep ... that was stupid.  But in actuality my knee was feeling pretty good at the time.  Even when I jumped off the off the rocks it didn't hurt much more than it has recently.  Unfortunately the combination of rock jumping, walking across the sand and trying to outrun the incoming tide made my knee worse by that evening ... and then the next morning my left knee was a bit stiff and sore, but not to the degree that my right knee ever was.

The way I figure it is this might just be a good thing.  Since I'm already getting an MRI, and as far as I know they won't split me in half to get just the right knee, if there is an issue they'll discover it when they look at the MRI.  That may be stupid logic, but it is the best I can do at the time.

I can still walk, even walk fast for extended periods.  I can run short distances before my knee starts to hurt, but I can't possibly know that because I've been given orders not to run at all.  I am going to finish this marathon and earn my finishers medal and my beer no matter what.

By the way ... If I never post to this blog again it is because Pam has hung me upside-down and tortured me.  It seems her recollection of why we went to the beach may be a tad bit different than the version I posted here.

Oh, I almost forgot!  I saw the first hummingbird hanging around the hummingbird feeder when we got home this evening!!  Hopefully soon I'll be posting pics of the little things ... That is if Pam doesn't read this and take her revenge, that is.









1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks for the wedding pictures! Fun to think of our Dust getting marries. Miss seeing him around FW.

    ReplyDelete