Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Testing out the calf ...

... in a bigger way than I planned.

I went to spin class tonight - typical routine with the first hour self directed and quite a bit easier than usual just to make sure my legs weren't going to cramp up again ... and it was good.  No pain, no cramping, all was good.  Now all I had to do was take it easier than usual during the class just to be sure ...

Yeah, right!

I don't know what happens to me when that music starts and soft spoken, sort of ditzy lady turns into a drill sergeant in spandex, but suddenly my brain does not understand "take it easy."  And then to make it more interesting it was pretty much nothing but hills tonight - moderate tempo, lots of resistance and a lot of out of the saddle work.  During the longest climb I could just picture the instructor sitting in a dungeon with chains on the wall and torches flickering planning out her brutalities for her unsuspecting class.



In the end my legs did great - no pain at all ... other than the usual "you worked me too hard" complaints I get from them.  Tomorrow should be a light day - maybe some treadmill or elliptical ... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment