Saturday, December 4, 2010

LSD ... and it felt so good

Training Stats:

Boy ... saying "Training Stats" makes it sound more impressive than it actually is.  But anyway ...

5 mile walk / run in about 1:20 at a 5:1.5 minute ratio of walk to run - Long Slow Distance!!

Warning:  Possible Disturbing Visual Alert!    
If you are squeamish you might want to skip the next paragraph ...

Before I got ready for my run / walk I tried on several new training shirts and compression pants (which sounds much more impressive and macho than saying tights).  Then I proceeded to lube my legs and feet with body glide to reduce friction then squeezed my over-sized self into my spandex cool weather pants and the color coordinated long sleeve cool weather spandex shirt ... I did warn you not to read this if you were squeamish.  And for the record they were black and gray pants and gray and red shirt ... and they were base layers ... I wore regular training pants and a sweat jacket over the top of them. 

The run actually felt easy.  I didn't have my training gps, I was not worried about pace or exact walk and run ratios ... it was basically a feeling out process.  By august I should be able to do 10k (6.? miles) 30 minutes faster than I just completed my 5 miles today.

I was happy with my effort - the cardio seems to be alright ... the speed is absolutely gone, but I never had much speed in the first place.  Eventually I will get back up to a 5:1 or 10:1 run to walk ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment