Friday, December 31, 2010

OK - I lied

I decided to post a pre New Years thought:

Considering how long I've been away from training I'm actually proud of what I've accomplished over the past few weeks.  I don't feel like I'll ever be back in the mental place where I look forward to training, but in the last week or two of decreased activity I can see a definite difference in the way I feel with and without exercising.

I do not make resolutions as it seems to place unreasonable expectations, but I do have my 2 major goals for the year and several lesser goals which are not necessarily related to the major goal.  If I didn't mention this before, my brother is interested in running the marathon this year, and now possibly my nephews and one of my nephew's fiance may want to run ... my son isn't interested, but we can still have a family vacation of sorts - looking forward to the occasion.

I am not fooling myself into thinking this will be easy, I have a lot of work ahead of me.  I have my Garmin out and ready to use - if I can figure out how I will link my training data so we can all have a good laugh.  I am getting a weighted vest to help my anti-slow training (I cannot in good conscience call it speed training).  I have already done some hill training (and I still hate hills, but they are a necessary evil).  It will be a good year.

1 comment:

  1. You GO, Tim! (and I, of course, had NO IDEA you had a blog - but that's fixed now)

    ReplyDelete