Monday, December 6, 2010

Leaving puddles on the floor

Training Stats:

20 min street run / walk 1:1 ratio with the run segments a little more intense (notice I didn't say fast)
20 min stepper - actually feeling stronger toward the end of the session
20 min elliptical - Actually a bit impressed with myself on this because elliptical is not my favorite.

Other Stuff

Starting over really kind of sucks (that statement was almost the title of this entry).  My brain remembers running - maybe not running well, but running.  My body may remember but doesn't want to cooperate.  My slow run sessions on Saturday actually felt pretty good, but the more intense run session today were tough - but I know I will get back to where I was if I work at it.

After the run I hit the gym in the midst of gym rat rush.  I grabbed my favorite stepper, buried myself in my headphones and cranked my music up.  By the end of the 20 minutes I was drenched with sweat and the oh so familiar puddle had formed on the floor under me ... as a bizarre sidestep - my pasty white really glistens under the bright gym lights when I'm sweat saturated :-)

After leaving a drizzling trail amongst the treadmills I gave up finding an open one,  The lady standing on the machine playing kissy face with her hubby (or boyfriend) annoyed me a bit because she stood there for at least 5 minutes just talking to the guy, knowing that people were waiting, before she even started getting ready to walk.  I decided to hit the elliptical that was right behind the stepper I used ... A couple of girls jumped on the stepper and the one beside it.  One girl pointed at the puddle and said something (I couldn't hear because my music was playing), next thing I know they're both jumping off the steppers and heading to different machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment