Saturday, December 11, 2010

So I realized ...

That basically I'm a dork ... Here a gave my last post cute and pithy title and never once referenced either sugar nor espresso.  Well, the espresso should be self explanatory - I had a double-shot ... mmmmm.  The spoonful of sugar was a trainee passing the drive test and hiring on - definitely a bright spot in a long dismal run of work issues.

Training Stats:

Today - 20 minutes elliptical :-/ ... that's it :-(

Other Stuff:

I have been so tired the last few days - all I want to do is sleep - but unless I take an abien I don't sleep well ... even if I take one I'm not guaranteed good sleep. 

I've been running in circles regarding my follow-up sleep study (specifically the titration for the CPAP machine).  Now I'm not exactly looking forward to this ordeal, but I want to get it out of the way.  The short version of the story goes like this - The insurance company authorized a titration for Pam, but won't authorize the machine until it's complete.  In my case the insurance authorized my CPAP, but not the titration.  The company won't let me get the machine until I have the follow-up study, but I can't have the follow-up study because I already have a machine authorized. 

OK, Pam spent the better park of a couple weeks bugging the doctor, the sleep study place, the insurance, the company for the CPAP and the local pizza delivery dude until finally the right paperwork wound up in the hands of the right people ... the only problem is my authorization for the machine expires Monday.  The people at the diagnostic center stepped up and asked another patient if they would change their schedule to get me in on time ... so, tomorrow at this time I'll be strapped to a machine with wires sticking out of my head ... Yippeee!!

I'm not going into whine mode about everything else that's going on ... I'll just say you need more than a spoonful of sugar to make several gallons of lemonade tolerable ... Stress is starting to build up again and I don't know quite what to do about it - Training is a big stress reliever, but it's hard to train when I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment