Sunday, January 9, 2011

It has begun

I figured that was the most motivating quote from Mortal Kombat.

Definitely better than, "This is where you fall down."  Or worse yes, "Fatality!"

Training stats:

I haven't done much more than my core work and stretching the past few days.  Today, however, was the first official day of my training schedule so I felt a bit compelled to do something.

30 min 1:1 ratio out & back.

Now I'll give you all a minute to stop ooo-ing and ahh-ing ... or to stop laughing.  Sunday is supposed to be an easy day after my LSD, so next Sunday it will fall into place much better.  The back part of the out & back was a (not so) gentle reminder of how much work I have left to do.  The very slight uphill (2% or a tad more) was enough to add almost 2 minutes to a meager 1.25 mile trot - wow!  If I could only find a way to counter the effects of gravity.

I will be posting my training info from my Garmin after I upload the data ... and figure out how to share it.


Non-training stuff:

I took Thursday & Friday off from work.  Thursday was pretty legit - I really felt wiped out and out of sync (my latest catch phrase describing when I'm not mentally focused, feeling down or just have a case of the don't want to's).  I was horribly tired - almost fell asleep checking my work email at home before I decided it wouldn't be safe for me to drive to work ... and even if I made it I would pre really pathetic and ineffective.  Friday I could have gone if they really needed me, but just wanted to have an extra day to rest.

We managed to get a couple of simple, but necessary chores around the house completed yesterday.  It's one of the things I'm really trying to work on - doing jobs or projects and getting them out of the way instead of letting things sit and build up.  Tomorrow is back to driving a route at work, so it will be a very early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment